Monday, October 19, 2015

Looking into "Rear Window"

 





Now that "The Laramie Project" has closed, I can't have free time on my hands. Therefore, this week I'm happy to be helping out the projection and audio team on the production of Rear Window opening next week at Hartford Stage. "Rear Window" has always been my second favorite Hitchcock film (numbers one and three are "Vertigo" and "North by Northwest" respectively) and in prep I read the short story the film is based on ("It Must Have Been Murder") a fantastic pulp-fiction 13 page thriller, perfect for the Halloween heebie-jeebies, and of appropriate length because, well, grad school. I would tell you to come to this much-buzzed production but the run is impressively Sold Out (?!) and apparently very popular, in part because it stars Mr Kevin Bacon. In other Very Important News, this increases my Kevin Bacon status +1 as I worked with Sosie Bacon on "Wishin' and Hopin' " a few unmarried summers back. I believe they call that "Full Bacon" status, or at least I do, now that I think about such things.

I was excited to see this production also use Qlab to send cues through midi to slaved Watchout machines just like we designed for "Laramie". I also promise that Laramie system diagram is forthcoming.

Stay warm, my New England friends,

MP



No comments:

Post a Comment